2013 Rio Raffle: Rules, Terms and Conditions
Here are the rules, terms and conditions for the 2013 Rio Raffle. Please contact us with any raffle-related questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard Tickets & Deadline
For each US$15 donated to Catalytic Communities before September 7th, 2013, CatComm will enter one chance (“ticket”) on your behalf in our 2013 Rio Raffle, up to a maximum of US$300/person (20 chances). Raffle entries must be made no later than midnight on September 7th, 2013 across all time zones.
Anyone over 18 years of age, anywhere, can enter. Donation should be monetary equivalent to US$15 per chance to win and made through one of the Donation Platforms listed below. Tickets can be redeemed from major cities worldwide to Rio, thanks to generous mileage donations from supporters.
“Thank you!” Tickets
CatComm’s Rio Raffle is an opportunity to re-engage previous year supporters and to have more people around the world hear about our work on behalf of Rio de Janeiro’s communities. As such we encourage you to participate year after year, and spread the word. When you do so, in gratitude you will receive extra “Thank you!” tickets. There is no limit on the number of “Thank you!” ticket you can receive. There are several ways you are eligible:
- Early Bird – If you enter the 2013 Rio Raffle by our “Early Bird” deadline of August 23rd we’ll give you an extra ticket.
- Return Supporter – If you entered a previous year’s raffle, when you buy at least one ticket this year we’ll add an extra “Thank you!” ticket in your name for each previous year you entered. So if you’ve entered the raffle in one prior year, we’ll add one extra chance to win on your behalf. If you’ve entered in two previous years, we’ll add two.
- Referrals – For every US$30 (2 tickets) in donations referred or recruited by you before September 7th, we’ll add an extra ticket in your name (even if you do not buy a ticket).
Winning tickets can be transferred to friends or family where the responsible (recipient) party is at least 18 years of age.
For every US$15 donation made to Catalytic Communities by September 7th, your name will be entered once for a chance to win a trip for two to Rio as described above. We provide the following mechanisms through which to participate:
- Razoo. Razoo is the charitable fundraising platform used by Catalytic Communities. Click here to donate via Razoo.
- PayPal. You may also choose PayPal, a well-known international money transfer site. Click here to donate via PayPal.
- Check. If you prefer to mail a check, please make it out to Catalytic Communities and mail to PO Box 42010, Washington, DC 20015. Let us know by email to expect it at email@example.com.
Selection of Winners – Closing Date
The draw will be held on Monday, September 9th, 2013 by three uninterested, publicly-known and well-respected collaborators, none of whom have prior knowledge of one another, using a Web-based random number generator and confirmation across the group of collaborators.
The donor whose contribution yields a winning ticket will be entitled to:
- Economy class round-trip flights to Rio de Janeiro for 2 people from anywhere in the world served by American Airlines or its partners during non-peak windows (booking is required 6 months in advance).
- Bed and Breakfast for 2 people for 7 nights at Rio Gaia Inn, in Rio’s most revered location three blocks from Ipanema beach, a 10-minute walk from Copacabana beach, a 15-minute walk from the Lagoon and minutes walking from Arpoador Rock.
- Educational community visit to 1-2 favelas led by local leaders, especially organized by CatComm staff for you in accordance with your interests.
The Raffle is also tiered to encourage widespread participation:
- Should $25,000 be raised, a second set of tickets will be offered, increasing everyone’s overall chances of winning.
- Should $35,000 be raised, the first chosen winner will have the option of using the tickets at any time of the year, including peak windows.
- Taxis, local transportation and transfers.
- Meals other than breakfast.
- Any further expenses not mentioned under “Prizes” above.
Notification of Winners
Winners will be notified via email by 3pm EST on September 9th. As soon as the winner’s identity is confirmed all those who donated in the raffle window will receive an email announcing the winner(s). The winners will also be listed on the organization’s website www.catcomm.org.
Any donations received after the closing date will be treated as a donation to the charity but will no longer be eligible for the Raffle.