Standard Tickets & Deadline
For each $15 contribution to Catalytic Communities (CatComm) before midnight December 11th, 2014,* CatComm will enter one ticket on your behalf in the 2014 Rio Raffle. The entries are limited up to a maximum of US$300/person (20 chances). Raffle entries must be made no later than 11:59pm on December 11, 2014* in the last time zone. Note: If we raise $30,000, we will raffle off a second pair of tickets!
Anyone over 18 years of age, anywhere, can enter. Contribution should be monetary equivalent to $15 per chance to win and made through our standard QGiv platform, PayPal, or by a postal check (see “Donation Platforms” below).
‘Thank you!’ Tickets
CatComm’s Rio Raffle is an opportunity to re-engage previous year supporters and to have more people around the world hear about our work and get involved on behalf of Rio de Janeiro’s favela communities. As such we encourage you to participate year after year, engage further and spread the word. When you do, in gratitude you will receive extra ‘Thank you!’ tickets. There is no limit to the number of ‘Thank you!’ tickets you can receive. There are four ways you are eligible:
- Early Bird – If you enter the 2014 Rio Raffle by our “Early Bird” deadline of November 30th, 2014 we’ll give you an extra ticket.
- Return Supporter – If you entered a previous year’s raffle, when you buy at least one ticket this year we’ll add an extra “Thank you!” ticket in your name for each previous year you entered. So if you’ve entered the raffle in one prior year, we’ll add one extra chance to win on your behalf. If you’ve entered in three previous years, we’ll add three. And so on.
- Referrals – For every US$30 (2 tickets) referred or recruited by you before 11:59pm December 11th,* 2014 we’ll add an extra ticket in your name (even if you do not buy a ticket). Everyone who buys a ticket is asked if someone referred them.
- Become an Olympic Champion – If you sign up to donate monthly through the Olympics by December 11,* we’ll give you an extra ‘Thank you!’ ticket for each $3 committed (e.g. if you sign up committing to donate $15 per month through 2016, we’ll give you 5 ‘Thank you!’ tickets this year and next).
Winning tickets can be transferred to friends or family where the responsible (recipient) party is at least 18 years of age.
For every US$15 contributed to Catalytic Communities by December 11th,* your name will be entered once for a chance to win a trip for two to Rio de Janeiro. We offer the following mechanisms through which to participate:
- Standard credit card via our donations platform Qgiv.
- PayPal, a well-known international money transfer site.
- Check: If you prefer to mail a check, please make it out to Catalytic Communities and mail to: PO Box 42010, Washington, DC 20015 including your name and contact details in the envelope. This should arrive by December 10th, 2014.
Selection of Winners
The draw will be held on December 12th, 2014 by three uninterested, publicly-known and well-respected collaborators, none of whom have prior knowledge of one another, using a Web-based random number generator and confirmation across the group of collaborators.
The person whose contribution yields a winning ticket will be entitled to:
- Economy class round-trip flights to Rio de Janeiro for 2 people from any major international airport in the world during non-peak windows (booking is required 4 months in advance).
- Bed and Breakfast poolside guesthouse with 2 suites for 7 nights at Rio Gaia Santa, in Rio’s best preserved historic neighborhood, Santa Teresa, hosted by CatComm’s founder and Executive Director. The week may also be split between the Santa Teresa B&B and a full private apartment in Ipanema, 3 blocks from the beach and a 10-minute walk from Copacabana beach, a 15-minute walk from the Lagoon and minutes walking from Arpoador Rock.
- Private Educational Community Visit to 1-2 favelas led by local leaders, especially organized by CatComm staff for you in accordance with your interests.
- Tickets for 2 to the Christ the Redeemer statue.
- Evening dinner with CatComm staff.
- Taxis, local transportation and transfers.
- Meals other than breakfast (note accommodations include kitchen).
- Entertainment other than tickets to Christ the Redeemer statue.
- Any further expenses not mentioned under “Prizes” above.
Notification of Winners
Winner will be notified via email by 11am EST on December 12th, 2014. As soon as the winner’s identity is confirmed or by 5pm EST on December 12th, all those who contributed in the raffle window will receive an email announcing the winner(s). The winners will also be listed on the organization’s website www.catcomm.org on December 12th, 2014.
Any contributions received after the closing date will be treated as a donation but will no longer be eligible for the Raffle.
*The original December 10th deadline was extended by 24 hours to December 11th because of an attack on our host during the afternoon and evening on December 9th that left this website down for 7 hours.